- View Source: the web wouldn’t exist in it’s present form without it.
- The “newness” of the web: it’s a very young system of publishing, so the conventions (or standards) have yet to be “agreed up on”.
- The “Connectedness”: all content can be connected to other relevant content.
- The “Immediacy”: hard to explain, but I sometimes perceive the web as “an extra brain” or “telepathy”… Forgot something? Look it up on the web.
It seems popular to do a Love/Hate thing on Valentines day. The “pet hates” are easiest to do:
- The all Flash singing & dancing website: completely opposed to the fundamental nature of the web, therefore obsolete by default.
- The crudeness of HTML – CSS: I keep getting flashbacks to 1988 when I learned to set type on a Laser Photo Typesetting System.
- Total lack of typographic control in HTML – CSS: don’t even get me started on this one.
- Browser wars / browser incompatiblities.